Rios Healthcare Associates with Dr. Tomas Rios and Dr. Nicolin Neal can treat various types of thyroid disease in Houston, TX, to help keep your body strong. Understanding some common conditions and our treatment method can help you know when it's time to visit us to recover.
Common Thyroid Conditions
Thyroid conditions come in many types and can affect you in different ways. These include:
- Goiters, which are a painful enlargement of the thyroid gland
- Hyperthyroidism, which is when your thyroid makes more hormones than you need
- Hypothyroidism, which is when your gland makes fewer hormones than you need
- Nodules on your thyroid that may cause pain
- Thyroiditis or a swelling on your thyroid gland
- Thyroid cancer or non-cancerous tumors
At Rios Healthcare Associates, we can help you figure out what is affecting your thyroid and provide hands-on treatment. Our procedures are designed with a person-first methodology, meaning we put your needs before ours. This process includes:
- Diagnosing Your Condition: We start by carefully diagnosing your condition and discovering what may cause it. For example, we can figure out why you've developed a goiter and what kind of underlying conditions may worsen it.
- Pain Management: If you feel pain related to your thyroid disease, or team of experts can help. We can provide various pain medications and other management options that will keep your body strong. We will then provide any other care option that you may need.
- Thyroid Medications: After we discover your thyroid disease in Houston, TX, Dr. Rios or Dr. Neal can prescribe various medications that decrease your symptoms. These medicines can help restore your natural thyroid function and reduce your risks.
- Surgery: In some situations, it may be necessary to surgically repair your thyroid gland. Our team of professionals will carefully address your treatment needs, prep you for this process, and make sure that you don't feel pain or discomfort during surgery.
After treatment, we will test your thyroid to ensure that it is still operating smoothly. If for any reason your condition doesn't improve, we'll do what we can to help you. For instance, we may provide follow-up therapies and even physical treatments that help you feel stronger and healthier.
We Can Help You
At Rios Healthcare Associates, Dr. Rios, Dr. Neal, and our team of specialists can help you manage many conditions and bring you back to a greater level of health. We can treat your thyroid disease in Houston, TX, and make it easier to walk back to a higher level of overall health. Please call us at (832) 323-9230 to learn more about these diseases and the treatments that we can provide to manage them.