No doubt you've heard about preventive care countless times, but even so, you may be wondering what the benefits are. Dr. Tomas Rios and Dr. Nicolin Neal of Rios Healthcare Associates in Houston, TX, encourage you to read more about how preventive care can benefit you.
Understanding Preventive Care
If you find yourself only visiting your doctor's office when you're sick, the focus of your visit certainly won't revolve around how you could have avoided being sick, but rather, the next steps to take in order to recover.
Even when you're healthy, heading to the doctor is a simple, yet effective, measure that can identify potential problems early on. Being able to catch any health issues before they arise helps you maintain proper health, while decreasing the risk of developing or worsening other health conditions.
Preventive Healthcare Services
The value of regular trips to the doctor can detect signs of diabetes, high blood pressure, or even specific types of cancers, at the earliest stages. The sooner an issue is discovered, the more likely it will be to treat.
Examples of preventive care services include:
- Child/Adult Immunizations—throughout your life you will receive vaccines that help protect you and others from harmful diseases. Immunizations commonly administered during your childhood include hepatitis A and B, chicken pox, measles, mumps, and rubella (a.k.a. MMR). Adult vaccinations typically include Tdap (i.e. tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis), shingles, and boosters.
- Annual Physicals—along with ensuring that your body is in proper physical condition, you can expect general screenings for cholesterol, high blood pressure, and more.
- Cancer Screenings—during the most treatable stages, it's fairly uncommon for people to experience any symptoms of cancer. Throughout your life, you'll be encouraged to begin screening for certain cancers to identify them early.
- Yearly Flu Shot—receiving the flu shot reduces your risk of contracting the flu by ~60%, but even if you do end up having the flu, the vaccine can significantly minimize the severity of symptoms you may experience.
- Life Management—Dr. Rios and Dr. Neal, have completed years of education and experience, meaning they are a great resource for you to utilize. Receiving preventive care in Houston, TX, aims to provide you with the tools and knowledge you need to maintain a healthy life!
You may not realize that most healthcare insurance plans are legally required to cover available preventive care services—in other words, no out-of-pocket costs for these beneficial services!
Prioritize Your Health
Your overall health and well-being is something your doctors at Rios Healthcare Associates, believe to be essential and encourage you to take advantage of the preventive care services we offer in Houston, TX. To schedule your next check-up with Dr. Rios or Dr. Neal, give our office a call at (832) 323-9230, today.